|Title:||Senior Systems Administrator - Linux Hardware Admin|
Senior Systems Administrator
SPYROS I&T is seeking a Linux Hardware Systems Administrator to work on the NIAGARAFILES (NiFi) operations team providing systems administration for NiFi Data Distribution Systems (DDS), system testing and maintenance support. This support will include system configuration and monitoring, dataflow developments, troubleshooting, and taking corrective actions necessary to maintain the operational readiness of DDS operations.
You will configure and maintain production and pre-production servers and systems, and when authorized, research and initiate the purchase of IT equipment, facilitate equipment transfers and identify Power, Space and Cooling (PSC) requirements. You will also provide User Support for NiFi to include phone and email support, training and outreach. Provide hands-on system administration support as part of a team performing system maintenance and operations support of primarily Linux servers, to include services such as VMWare, VDI, DNS/DHCP, File, virus protection, application installation, and other like services. Additional responsibilities include monitoring and initial troubleshooting of Linux based systems.
Team duties include performing the basic day-to-day 24/7 system administration tasks, implementing NiFi software releases, performing system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, and resolving software-related problems associated with Linux. Provide general troubleshooting on the Client’s systems, maintain operational data and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity. Perform file and repository restores as required. Ensure all server documentation including rack elevation spreadsheets are maintained. Coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with customer when needed. Assist in the overall modernization of the enterprise.
• Dataflow experience working complex dataflow using NiFi.
• Solid knowledge of Network Protocols
• Experienced customer support
• Minimum 9 years of Systems Administration experience administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management, and general system maintenance
• At least 9 years of experience with cross platform system administration (Linux, Solaris, Windows)
• Understanding of fundamental networking and distributed computing environment concepts, Microsoft Windows and Linux desktop systems, performance tuning and capacity planning of servers (hardware and software levels)
• Ability to write VBScript/Perl/Shell scripts
• Experience using NIS or Active Directory for cross platform management
• Experience with server virtualization
• Experience managing power, space, and cooling issues
• Active TS/SCI Polygraph clearance
• Practiced with scripting and system administration automation
• Experience with implementing hardware architecture
• Understand analytical needs and requirements
• Familiar with the installation and configuration in a FOSS/COTS/GOTS environment
• Participate in analyzing new hardware/software needs and to participate in Client requirements reviews and meetings pertaining to customer issues
• Bachelor Degree in Information Systems or related discipline.
SPYROS I&T Consulting, LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), headquartered in the Baltimore – Washington corridor, and established to provide unique and exceptional services to our clients in the government and military sectors. SPYROS specializes in providing highly qualified professionals experienced in Computer Network Operations, Signals Intelligence, Technical Training and Certifications, Network Administration and Security, Physical and Personnel Security, and Program Management to fit the specific needs of our clients. We maintain a vast array of capabilities at the nexus of the digital domain and in the intelligence community meeting the demand for highly specialized skills to solve the most difficult problems. As a small company, SPYROS is agile and focused. We provide our clients flexibility and the individual attention necessary to meet rapidly changing requirements and rising challenges. As the digital world and cyber domain continue to gain increasing importance in the intelligence community, SPYROS will continue to leverage the technical expertise of our highly skilled personnel and enable our clients to devise and implement innovative solutions to their emerging challenges.